We played on the water a little bit. Ryan and I faced the bitter cold water and swam into a cave that we found while we were out exploring in the boat. It was so cool...a little unnerving(at least for me) but it was alot of fun. We hiked, we ate, we played in the sand. I colored pictures in a coloring book when I tried to keep out of the stupid wind. My grandmother(Grammy) taught me how to play Rummikub...and I ultimately decided that I hate that game. It's fun to play...and you really can't say 'no' when an invitation is extended to play...but the second you start losing...you HATE it. haha! It was a pretty good vacation. The best(warmest and least windy) day we had was the day we were packing up to go home...go figure. SHEESH! But it was fun to see the sandstone and the beauty down there one last time before all the snow-fall that is soon to come. Here are a couple pics from the vacation: enjoy!




Picture #1: Our beautiful spot that we parked the houseboat. So pretty!Picture #2: Another angle of our spot.
Picture #3: Allen and I at the front of the speedboat while out exploring the canyons with the fam!
Picture #4: My dad apparently likes to take pictures of people while they sleep...I'll admit it...I'm an ugly sleeper. lol.
Picture #5: On the second day, while driving the boat over to our new spot, my dad allowed Allen to be captain for awhile. :)

Wow! It's gorgeous. I've never been to Lake Powell, and, clearly, I've been missing out!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! That is funny your dad took that pic! What a character! Hope you are doing great! Thanks again for the Halloween book and recipes! You are the best!
ReplyDelete